Hanover Lodge is a Grade II* listed building, situated on the northwest side of Regents Park adjacent to the Regents Park Mosque. Designed by John Nash in 1827 and later enlarged by Edwin Lutyens in 1910, Hanover Lodge is owned by Crown Estates and was leased to our client in the mid-1990s.
The building had been badly altered and poorly maintained and was in a very poor state when the office first started to work on the design. Planning and Listed Building consent were obtained to be able to extend the building to the north and west sides. New access gates and lodge buildings leading from the Outer Circle road were also completed.
Both the main building and the new lodges were designed with a Greek Doric order, built using reconstructed Portland stone, with the walls painted render.
Internally, one room and the main staircase were maintained and restored as they were found to be the last surviving areas of the original building. The remaining rooms were carefully detailed with intricate plasterwork, cornicing, gold leaf and marble. The main internal doors were French polished mahogany with specially selected wooden veneers.
The office also designed the alterations to the Coach House which is found in the gardens of Hanover lodge, converting them into garaging and guest accommodation to a very high standard.
2010 – Stone Federation Great Britain. Winner of the Craftmanship category for the new chimney pieces.
2010 – Federation of Plastering and Dry Wall Contractors. Winner of the Fibrous an GRG Heritage (Humber Salver) for Entrance Loggia
2008 – Federation of Plastering and Dry Wall Contractors. Fibrous plaster to Hall.
2008 – Federation of Plastering and Dry Wall Contractors. Internal plastering.